Monday, July 4, 2016

Summer #Shelfie List

Summertimmmmme, the livin’s easy. I am loving not having to set an alarm and being able to wear yoga pants whenever I want.

And I've had time to READ! Oh, is it glorious. My only time to read during the school year is on the bus, and lately I haven't been able to even focus to do that. I’m finally catching up. Here is what I’m reading: 


FICTION

Image result for Asoiaf Book Covers

REREAD “A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE”
Most people know this as the “Game of Thrones” book series, and they are hands down some of the best books I’ve ever read. I loved them the first time, and I’m about 30% done rereading the series. They are so much better on the second read!

Image result for dreamsongs

DREAMSONGS
Speaking of GRRM, I got two of his short story anthologies for Christmas. Yeah, I haven't touched them yet. I’m hoping to finish those up, too. 

Image result for watchmen graphic


WATCHMEN
I loved the movie, and now hubby suggested I read the graphic novel, too.


VARIOUS COMIC BOOKS
Again, hubby is making me much nerdier, so I picked up some comics at the shop today. Excellent for a short read!

PROFESSIONAL BOOKS

A bunch of these are missing from my “shelfie” because they are either on hold at the library or on my kindle, but I’ll go through em anyway.

Image result for donna whyte

YOU CAN’T TEACH A CLASS YOU CAN’T MANAGE
Donna Whyte is amazing. After a particularly hard day, my partner told me to read this book. I read it in a night, and it helped so much with the way I speak to my class. I’m going to go more in-depth with this book on here this summer.

Image result for  Reading in the Wild The Book Whisperer's Keys to Cultivating Lifelong Reading Habits

READING IN THE WILD: THE BOOK WHISPERER’S GUIDE TO CULTIVATING LIFELONG READING HABITS
I loved The Book Whisperer, so I know this one will be great!

Image result for other people's children delpit

OTHER PEOPLE’S CHILDREN: CULTURAL CONFLICT IN THE CLASSROOM
Teaching at a school where almost none of my kids look like me, I feel it is VERY important to learn as much as I can about teaching kids whose lives are different than mine. I love Lisa Delpit’s work, and she makes me think about my role as a teacher and how I can best respect the culture my kids bring to the classroom.

Image result for the reading strategies book

THE READING STRATEGIES BOOK
I’ve only heard good things, I’m looking forward to this one.



What are you reading this summer? I love new recommendations!


No comments:

Post a Comment