Saturday, August 15, 2015

Back to School Blog Hop!


 Where has the summer gone?!? Seems like just yesterday I was preparing my kids for kindergarten graduation and getting them ready for first grade.

Don't get me wrong, I love (mostly everything about) back to school time. The shopping, the newly decorated and re-imagined classroom, seeing my coworkers again. But it is also highly stressful. All of your money going to folders, newly decorating and re-imagining your classroom, and having to wake up at a decent time and put on real pants :(

So, some of my friends and I decided to make it a little easier on you! I am teaming up with some of my favorite Early Childhood ladies for a back to school blog hop where you can cross a few things off your list!


I know there is SO MUCH going on as your new littles first come to you, and that usually your school wants you starting instruction as soon as humanly possible. Add this to trying to get settled into your routine and you get one stressed out teacher.

I am all about involving parents with their child's learning. I generally find that when you give them the tools, parents will help their kids. Sight words are an easy thing to work on at home. I always include some sight word practice pages in my homework packets, and I provide practice lists and cards for parents. I've had parents use these cards in many ways- play a matching game with them, go on scavenger hunts looking for certain words, using them in sentence building activities, and even making a word wall on the fridge! Sight words are easy for parents to help with- no confusion on terms (diphthongs, anyone?), words that are easy to read and find, and they have been discussed in class. You can learn more about these resources {here} and {here}.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mrs-Garcias-Super-Scholars/Category/Sight-Words
You can enter to win all four of these sight word resources, along with $10 to pick anything else from my store, by entering the rafflecopter below!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Hop over to Mrs. Payton's Precious Kindergarteners to see the  awesomeness she has in store for you!

http://paytonspreciouskindergarteners.blogspot.com/2015/08/back-to-school-giveaway.html


43 comments:

  1. Meeting my new students! And trying new ideas out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too! A fresh start is always good!

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love decorating the first few weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I can finally get in my room on Monday, I am so giddy!

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  3. Getting plugged back into the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha right?!!? I'm so confused right now on what day it is! I'm like the kids- I do better with structure!

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I love getting a new crew every year! Never know what it'll be like 😀

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  5. There is no link to the next blog. Please add the next link so people can get to the hops at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gahh, so sorry. The entire end of my post was cut off. I'll redo my part later, but the important hop stuff is there. Again, so so sorry about this glitch!

      Delete
    2. Gahh, so sorry. The entire end of my post was cut off. I'll redo my part later, but the important hop stuff is there. Again, so so sorry about this glitch!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I love that, but my bank account doesn't! I was always the kid begging my mom to go supply shopping- guess that's just who i am!

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have many of my students 2 years in a row... i love seeing how they have grown over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be really cool! I'm always amazed at how different my old class is when they come back, must be cool to see that growth over time!

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  8. I love meeting my new students and seeing how much my returning students have grown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so amazing! I love having that fresh start every year! One great thing about our profession.

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  9. Meeting all my new students and getting to know their unique personalities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I like having the little kids who haven't built up any kind of reputation- I get to find it out on my own!

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  10. My favorite part of B2S is that everything is fresh and new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so giddy from all the newness! New crayons, non-crusty glue, it's amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete
  11. Meeting my kiddos and trying a new tweak to the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love changing the things that didn't work and getting better each year! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I am so excited to meet mine! Thanks so much for hopping by!

      Delete
  13. I love meeting my kids, seeing their smiles, and getting some great hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love how excited they are to come to school for the first time!

      Thanks for hopping by!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. The decorating is so much fun, although it stresses me out! I love making my space into a place I love spending time in! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  15. You know, for some reason I love that first week back before students arrive, despite the dreaded PDs! I love the camaraderie and that electric feeling in the air that comes from teachers raring to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PD is no fun, but it is great to see everyone again, refreshed and ready to make the year better than the last! We have several new people on our team this year, and it is nice to be surrounded by such positive energy!

      Thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete
    2. Also, your dog is adorable! Love her painted nails!

      Delete
  16. I love all the excitement in the children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are so excited to be there, and that makes me even MORE excited! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  17. I love learning from my students each year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! You never know what they bring to the table! I get better each year because of them! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  18. I love meeting my new group of students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! The little ones are always so excited to be in school. Thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete
  19. I love seeing the excitement of the students and the parents after the first few days of school. They are all ready to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love seeing what parents write on their "get to know my child" surveys- they are all so hopeful and it makes me so happy when their kids greatly surpass those goals their parents set! Thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete
  20. Getting back into a routine! Thanks for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I need it! I feel so lost all summer without routine, I'm glad I'll get back in order soon! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  21. Meeting my new students and then seeing them grow through out the year.

    ReplyDelete