Saturday, July 4, 2015

Spotlight Saturday!

Happy Saturday, and for my American friends, Happy 4th of July! 

I'm linking up with Erin from Kindergarten Dragons for Spotlight Saturday! 



This week, I'm spotlighting some EXCELLENT resources from Heather at Recipe for Teaching

I first came across Heather on Instagram, and really liked the clean look and simplicity of her products. She mentioned her "How Many More to Make 10?" freebie, and I quickly downloaded it. 

This freebie is great, and perfect for Easter related centers. It was a perfect review for complements of 10, and was easy to prep. My kids didn't use jellybeans, they just used a die and some dry erase markers, but they loved it! 


 Another one of Heather's freebies is her Q-tip painting. I discovered this in those brutal last days of school, and new it would be a perfect way to have some fun, stay engaged, and still review the standards. 


Click on the picture to download
 My students LOVED this one! I mean, they got to paint! Who wouldn't love that? It is also a great way to practice those fine motor skills. 
It is a simple idea that I am excited to add into my teaching more next year to bribe motivate my kids to be good so I can bring out paint. It can even be added into a center, once my babies know the expectations, of course :)




Click the picture to grab it! 

I haven't gotten the chance to use this with my students yet, but I am VERY excited to use Heather's 10-19 Teen Number Activities next year! 

There is SO MUCH in this pack! In addition to number cards and teen frame cards, there are exit tickets, games (cover it, spinners, bingo), manipulative mats, and some excellent teen frame practice sheets that can be used for do-nows or homework. I am so excited to try these out! 

Heather has some really great products, you should check her out

Do you have some excellent resources we should know about? Join Spotlight Saturday with Kindergarten Dragons and tell us all about them! 


7 comments:

  1. What a great Spotlight!! I recently met Heather through all these awesome link ups, and we realized that we are bloggers from the same state!!! I was so excited because I had not met another blogger from my state! Thank you so much for sharing so many of her awesome products!! I know my kids would LOVE them, ESPECIALLY anything they get to paint!
    Thank you so much for linking up, it means a lot! I hope you have an amazing holiday weekend!!
    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so great! I've loved everything of hers!

      Thanks for hosting this week!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  2. I love these! and they're FREE!! Wow! Thanks for sharing... I can't get the q-tip painting one to link to download, but I'll try again. Such cute ideas!

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really great! My kids loved them! She is so generous with her freebies, can't wait to try more of her paid products as well!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! Thank you so much and so sweet of you!!! I am so glad your students enjoyed the How Many More to Make 10 and the Q-Tip painting!!! My students loved them too!! It was so thoughtful of you to think of me for Spotlight Saturday!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    ~Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always happy to show off great things! I love your style, can't wait to use more of your things in the fall!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  4. What fabulous products!! A great Spotlight Saturday!

    ReplyDelete