Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Winner Wednesday: Pre-Primer and Primer Sight Word Practice Pages

Happy Wednesday! Today I'm linking up with A Dab of Glue Will Do for Winner Wednesday!

What a cool concept- I'm taking one of the popular products from my store, and showing you what it's all about. The best part- you have the chance to be the winner winner chicken dinner and win one for yourself!

http://www.adabofgluewilldo.com/

Today, I'm going to showcase some pages from my Pre-Primer and Primer sight word practice pages.

 The pre-primer version was one of my first ever TPT products- and you can tell! Not nearly as cute as the newer version, but still one of my best sellers! It's simple- read the word, trace the word, find and color the word (having to discriminate between similarly spelled words is tricky!), and last, cut and paste the letters to build the word.

I've used these for two years now, and my kids rock their pre-primer sight words using them.

My Primer version is not only cuter (!), but bumps the task up a little by having students use the words in a sentence. When my students are working on Primer words, they have generally mastered Pre-Primer words, beginning reading strategies (such as looking for picture clues), and can decode CVC words on their own. This is a good time to introduce simple sentences that they can read on their own to improve fluency.

Here it is in action with some of my intervention babies
My students love anything cut and paste, and I find these to really help with their sight words. I give our words of the week as whole-group do-nows, and I differentiate in student challenge folders. Since the format stays the same and only the words change, my littles can do this successfully on their own.

If you do not want to wait for the giveaway to be over and you want to purchase this product now, click {here} or {here}. 

What do you use to teach and review sight words? 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

7 comments:

  1. Those look really great! They would be perfect for my kinders to work on during their Word Work Daily 5 rotations! So glad you linked up! :-)

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! They are really simple and really effective! Thanks for stopping by!

    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! We just love new ways to practice sight words!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are a few pages in the preview on TPT, you should try them out!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  4. This is a great product. It makes sight word learning fun! Thank you so much for linking up this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this linky- thanks for creating it!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  5. YAY, I'm so excited to have won!!! That's so awesome! Thank you so much for such an incredible product! Wow, there are so many ways to practice sight words using this! I am always looking for new ways to help my kinders learn their sight words, and this is perfect for that! My kinders will work on it during their Daily 5 Word Work rotations next year, and they will get practice with cutting and gluing! Thanks so much for this, can't wait to use it next year!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete