Sunday, June 28, 2015

Weekend Warriors: 3-2-1 Teacher Bio!

Is it already the end of June? Seems like my summer is already going by too fast!

Today I'm joining Andrea at Always Kindergarten and some other very lovely ladies for Weekend Warriors. I love the simple format, and I have loved learning more about other bloggers!



 Here is my 3-2-1 bio!


I am my biggest competitor. My teammates and I are all so awesome and all have different strengths, so I don't really compare myself to them (too much...). But oh man, am I always in competition with myself! Is this spring bulletin board better than the one last year? Is every bit of my classroom planned out and will it be more purposeful than before? These things keep me up at night!

There will be NO comic sans in my classroom. I have very few commercial products (aside from border..most things are made by moi). I am picky, and if they aren't what I like, I don't want to look at them for 185+ days of my year. The colors must be right, the fonts, everything centered... yeah, I'm a pain

Like many teachers, I am a hoarder. I have had a HUGE classroom with HUGE closets for 4 years now (not complaining after having a 15x15 room my first year with yellow walls and no windows), and I have accumulated mine and other peoples' stuff. I need to purge, but it is hard when there are things in your storage that isn't yours to purge. I am also super emotional, and I form attachments too quickly. Any takers for purging my crap stuff?


I am not someone you look at and think, "Oh, she's a teacher!" I dye my hair crazy colors. I wear obnoxiously large flowers in my hair. I have tattoos. I watch lots of crass tv and love every minute of it. My home and much of my wardrobe is dripping with skulls. I am very professional at work and during the year, but all bets are off right now! I'm one of the last people you would expect to teach the littles!

I am an only child. I am stubborn. I am also very introverted, so I am a strange bird to deal with! I thrive when I have alone time, and I've always had it growing up, so it is hard to turn off all the fun I could be having because it's summer to give myself some me time. It's a hard spot between wanting to go somewhere and knowing I need to scale back or I'll be too overwhelmed and cranky! My poor hubby :)


My ultimate goal in life is to make as much as a positive impact that I can, and leave the world a little better than it was when I came into it. I want to eventually earn enough and become seasoned enough that I have time, energy, and money to donate to causes that are important to me. I want to save all the puppies. I want to help kids realize their dreams. I want to help small business owners thrive. When I have the time and funds to make this happen, I will be a very happy person :)

What would you add to your bio?

6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to competing with yourself. I do the same thing! It keeps me up (or wakes me up early), and ensures that I always have a million things to do. Your bucket list item is so selfless. I love it! I really enjoyed reading about you. Thank you for linking up with us for Weekend Warriors this month!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming up with such a fun idea! I loved learning about everybody!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  2. Loved reading all about you!! I have yet to visit Chicago...it's on my bucket list! :) Thanks for linking up with us for WW! :)
    Aris
    Sailing into Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really loved hearing about everybody else! Chicago is a fun place- you should visit one day!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way about being a hoarder! One of my summer goals was to go in and clean everything out, but every time I do that, I decided to keep almost everything because I think I will "use it one day". It's a curse. I'm so glad you linked up with Weekend Warriors! Hope to see you again next month!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way! I think a lot of teachers are!
      Thanks for the fun linky!

      Deirdre

      Delete