Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tell All Tuesday: Summer Lovin'

Today I'm linking up with Diana from My Day in K and Jayme at Teach. Talk. Inspire. for Tell All Tuesday! This week we're writing about a summer flashback! 





We will pretend our flashback is happening on Sunday, when it will be 2 years since I got married! 



We have very few "official" pictures because we had a super simple courthouse wedding. We had a very short judge and a very short ceremony and a very select guest list (parents/stepparents/ a friend and his daughter). 




We had lunch afterwards, then met up with our friends at my favorite martini bar (all of us dressed classy, of course!) It was a pretty great night. We spent our money on our honeymoon rather than a ceremony, and we spent 2 weeks in California.

We flew into LA, drove north through Sequoia National Park,

spent a week in San Francisco,



drove back south and spent a night in Pismo Beach,

then back to LA for a few days! Where we saw CONAN!


It was definitely my favorite summer! And I'm SO glad I get to celebrate another amazing year of marriage this weekend!

What are your favorite summer memories? Join the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Deirdre,

    Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. You looked beautiful, and the pictures of the two of you definitely show how much you love and care for one another. I love that you went to California for your Honeymoon, I hope to get there someday soon. It looks beautiful. Thanks for linking up with us and sharing your summertime memories, it was great to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You should definetly check out California, it's one of my favorite places! Thanks for having such a fun linky!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! You look so pretty on your wedding day! Trip looks awesome... I'm waiting on my flight to SoCal right now! Have a great week!
    Michelle @ BigTime Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a lot of fun- enjoy it while you're there! Hopefully it's warmer than here!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and the hubby. You look beautiful on your wedding day. Such a great way to celebrate your marriage by spending 2 weeks in Cali. San Fran is my favorite place!! So glad I found your blog through the link up.

    Marisa
    Yee-Haw in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! San Francisco was so much fun! I hope to go back one day! Thanks for stopping by!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary!!! Loved seeing your pictures. Looks like you had a fabulous honeymoon!

    Jessica
    www.prideandprimary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We had a great time! Thanks for stopping by!
      Deirdre

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! What a great idea to have a small ceremony and spend the big bucks on an amazing honeymoon! It looks like you had a lot of chances to make some incredible memories! I've never left the East Coast, but someday I'll get to travel and I can't wait to check out California! Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us, I had such a great time reading more about you!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Erin! We are simple people, we were happy with simplicity :) California is fun, it's so different in every part you visit. It is definitely somewhere to check out one day! Thanks for stopping by!

    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!!!! Your California trip looks like a lot of fun!! I've been to California twice and love it there!! Thanks so much for sharing!
    ~Heather :)
    Recipe for Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! California is always a fun time- a friend of mine moved there so I'm hoping that gives me an excuse to go again! Thanks for stopping by!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary! What a fun trip! We do have a lot to explore here in California, and it seems like you explored the right places! :) Thanks for sharing!
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I LOVE California, I wish I could go back again! Thanks for stopping by!

      Deirdre

      Delete
  9. Hi Deirdre! Happy Anniversary - tomorrow! I love that we share an anniversary, and that we both had small ceremonies. Your honeymoon sounds amazing. I love the redwoods and used to live in San Francisco. There is so much to do and see. Enjoy!
    Suzanne
    Kindergarten Planet

    ReplyDelete